In-House Computer Technician
HiTech Computers is a growing company looking for experienced Computer Technicians to provide solutions and services to our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment where we strive to provide great service to our clients. As a team we are committed to deliver exceptional value to our customers.
Position Summary: This position requires in-depth knowledge of desktop operating systems and the ability to address problems then develop and implement solutions. Candidate must have ability to communicate to business users in a non-technical manner. The candidate will work both individually and as part of a team during projects and technical support cases. This position will cover remote support, e-mail migrations, general triage and troubleshooting, maintenance, software upgrades and documentation.
We offer exceptional career growth, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. In addition, we have a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software related computer issues
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using the Help Desk system
- Track issues to resolution while updating the IT knowledge base with the solutions and logging all support activity
- Create or update technical documentation
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 IT staff
- Assist remote users
Requirements and Skills:
- Candidates with an A+, Network+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications are preferred
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in supporting a diverse group of users
- Experience with configuration of a Microsoft Windows environment (including Windows 7, 8, 10)
- General understanding of network concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Basic working knowledge of Windows Server environments
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and/or end users
- Good oral and written communication skills