HiTech Computers is a growing company looking for experienced Systems Administrator/Engineer to provide solutions and services to our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment where we strive to provide great service to our clients. As a team we are committed to deliver exceptional value to our customers.
Position Summary: This position requires in-depth knowledge of networking and the ability to address problems then develop and implement solutions. Candidate must have ability to communicate to business users in a non-technical manner. The candidate will work both individually and as part of a team during project implementation and technical support cases. This position will cover new installations, migrations and upgrades, along with administration, maintenance, support and documentation.
We offer exceptional career growth, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. In addition, we have a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support of mission critical servers, routers and switches, training, and special projects
- Install new / upgrade existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Maintain enterprise level backups to ensure complete redundancy of systems
- Create, track, and close tickets in our ticketing software
- Technical documentation
- Research and update client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency
- Setup, manage and troubleshoot Site-to-Site and remote IPSec VPN tunnels across different platforms
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information maintain maintenance contracts
- Deploy hardware and software to the end users
- Perform server security audits and recommend enhancements as necessary
Technical Requirements and Skills:
- MCSE, MCITP and Cisco certifications are preferred
- 5+ years related experience is a must
- Solid working knowledge in the administration and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008/12/16, 7, 8, 10, Exchange 2010/13/16 and Active Directory
- Experience with administration for virtual environments such as VMWare Infrastructure, vSphere and Hyper-V
- Excellent understanding of network concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience providing remote assistance to end users
- Self motivation and troubleshooting skills