At HiTech, we have clients that deal with protected health information and it’s our job to ensure that all network security measures are in place and followed.
We're HIPAA compliant at HiTech, but what does that mean?
HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, is a standard set in place to protect sensitive patient data. At HiTech, we have clients that deal with protected health information and it's our job to ensure that all network security measures are in place and followed. These security measures include protection over covered entities, anyone who provides treatment, payment and operations in healthcare, business associates, and anyone with access to patient information.
HIPAA compliance requires administrative, physical and technical safeguards that must be implemented and followed. These safeguards include:
1. Limited facility access and control with authorized access in place
2. Policies about use and access to workstations and electronic media
3. Restrictions for transferring, removing, disposing, and re-using electronic media and ePHI
4. Unique user ID's, emergency access procedures, automatic log off, and encryption and decryption
5. Audit reports or logs that record activity on hardware and software
At HiTech, we take pride in providing our clients with top-of-the-line HIPAA compliance. We know how to protect your patients' information! Our dedicated professionals are here to answer any HIPAA related questions you might have. Interested in how you can implement HIPAA compliance within your growing healthcare business? Call HiTech today for a free initial consultation!
Our IT experts can evaluate your issues and implement solutions to establish recoverability of your business operations, manage costs, and improve your organization’s overall resiliency. Our diligent planning and IT Project management allows us to select the right technology to maximize end-user adoption while minimizing disruption in your business.